Saturday, March 2, 2013

Never Too Far (Too Far #2) by Abbi Glines

Never Too Far (Too Far, #2)
Read in: February, 2013
Format: eBook
Stars: ★★

Synopsis: (from Goodreads.com)
He had held a secret that destroyed her world. 

Everything she had known was no longer true. 

Blaire couldn’t stop loving him but she knew she could never forgive him.
Now, she was back home and learning to live again. Moving on with life… until something happened to send her world spinning once again. 
What do you do when the one person you can never trust again is the one that you need to trust so desperately? 

You lie, hide, avoid, and pray that your sins never find you out.

Prosecution
As much I love Abbi's penchant for drama in all of her novels, I was really getting tired of it in this one! I wanted to get to the part where Blaire abandons those trust issues and trusts Rush. Cane's stupidity, (I mean, c'mon! Who goes to confront the guy who has stolen his ex girlfriends heart?) Blaire's wishy washy tendencies, and Rush's constant screw ups were grating on my nerves while I waited for them both to grow up. 

Defense:
I had a serious love/hate relationship with this one. I read the book within about three hours. Did I say read? I mean devoured. Bethy is absolutely adorable and I love love love her! I would love to have a book of all her & her relationship, because honestly, that was a little cliffhanger at the end with Rush talking about how her boyfriend was getting antsy to leave. 
Now, back to Blaire and Rush's relationship. Volatile doesn't even begin to describe this. Rush, while he does truly care, needs to put Blaire first, no matter what. Considering that, ahem, bun the oven. But he does end up being alright later on. The ending was a definite happily ever after, and that was a point in my book. I'd have loved to have an epilogue, but, I digress.  

Verdict: 
A solid 4 stars. This wasn't as wow, ajhdkfjhglfg;;;; as the first book, but I for sure was not disappointed but this was an okay ending to the Blaire and Rush story. 

2 comments:

  1. Good review! Can't believe you read it so fast, always a good sign. Must check this author out, have not read of these and 4 stars is still a very good book. First one must be amazing though :)

    Following you now :) Thanks for chatting on my gr thread!

    http://betweenthelinesisanendlessstory.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't really had the chance to buy the first one but this series has some major buzz going on. I'm not much for drama and I remember how much drama she added to The Vincent Boys, but I'll keep the series on my radar.

    Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...