Thursday, November 22, 2012

Easy by Tammara Webber

Read in: November, 2012
Format: ebook
Source: Bought
Star Rating: ★★
Synopsis: 
Jacqueline is a cello playing college sophomore who just had her heart broken by Kennedy. Her boyfriend of three years. Now she's failing economics and needs a tutor. In steps Landon. 

*There's a lot I left out in this synopsis, but shoot me later. I can explain. I WILL NOT SPOIL THIS BOOK. 

Prosecution: 
The story was a little predictable, which did disappoint me. I don't know why, but I likened this novel with Beautiful Disaster. No idea whyyy, but I did feel a little let down by the plot and I kind of just skimmed through a lot of it. I felt a little flustered while reading it because of all of the problems the character was handling. There were just way too many in one chapter.

Defense: 
My god, the feels. As the author wrote in her acknowledgements "The creation of good fiction begins with raw, honest emotions." She nailed it. The terror, the love, the anxiousness. I could just FEEEELLLLL it all the way through. While Jacqueline's boy drama did get irritating, I perked up during the danger zone scenes. On a personal note, I did see a lot of similarities between my relationship and Jacqueline's and Kennedy's. I'll worry about that later.

Verdict: 
I wish I could give this novel more stars, but none of the characters clicked with me and the plot was predictable. I loved the honesty in which the author wrote. However, the scenes were well described and the plot well rounded. 

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...